WHAT DOES QUINSTREET DO
WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security Number and Income Information
- Credit Card Debt
- Credit history and Credit Scores
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons QuinStreet chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reason we can share your personal information||Does QuinStreet share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes— such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes— to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes— information about your transactions and experiences||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes— information about your creditworthiness||Yes||Yes|
|For our affiliates to market to you||Yes||Yes|
|For our nonaffiliates to market to you||Yes||Yes|
To limit our sharing
Visit us online: https://www.guidetolenders.com/personalloans/contact_us.jsp
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer a customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
Go to QuinStreet.com/privacy
Who is providing this notice?
QuinStreet PL, Inc.
What we do
Who is providing this notice?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does QuinStreet collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- give us your income information or provide employment information
- give us your contact information or open an account
- give us your employment history
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
Your choices will apply to everyone on your account—unless you tell us otherwise.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Our affiliates include companies with a QuinStreet name.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- QuinStreet does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include personal loan lenders, debt relief and credit repair partners.
Other important information
Notice to Vermont Residents
- The information practices we have described above comply with federal law. Vermont laws place additional limits on sharing information about their residents. We will not disclose information about your creditworthiness to our affiliates and will not disclose your personal information, financial information, credit report, or health information to nonaffiliated third parties to market to you, other than as permitted by Vermont law, unless you authorize us to make those disclosures.
- Additional information concerning our privacy policies can be found at QuinStreet.com/privacy.
Notice to California Residents
- The information practices we have described above comply with federal law. California laws grant California residents additional rights related to the collection, use, sale, and sharing of personal information not subject to certain federal privacy laws. For additional information, please visit QuinStreet.com/privacy.